Strawberry & Peach Crumble
Peaches are finally in season at the farmer's market! This too-die for recipe fills your home with the delicious aromas and memories of summer and will put a smile on everyone's face! Top off with a scoop of homemade vanilla bean ice cream for the perfect dessert. This recipe can easily be made gluten-free, simply substitute whole wheat flour with almond flour or coconut flour.
- 2 cups fresh organic strawberries, rinsed, hulled and quartered
- 3 large organic peaches, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 3 tablespoons plus ¼ cup whole wheat flour, divided
- ½ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons pecans (or walnuts), chopped
- 2 tablespoons almonds, chopped
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons cold organic butter, cut into cubes
- kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375º. Line 9-inch deep-dish pie pan with parchment paper (hanging over the edges if possible).
- In a large bowl, gently combine strawberries, peaches, sugar, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, ginger, 3 tablespoons flour, pinch of kosher salt.
- Spoon into prepared pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining flour, cinnamon, oats, nuts, brown sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Knead in butter with fingertips or pastry cutter until mixture forms pea-sized clumps.
- Spoon evenly over filling.
- Back crumble for 45 minutes or until filling is bubbling and the top is golden brown.
- Let cruel cool for 1 minutes before serving.
- Top with homemade vanilla bean ice-cream if desired.