Parmesan & Spinach Spaghetti
This delicious dish is great as a side or you can incorporate a baked protein such as chicken or turkey- even use previously cooked- to make a full meal. One thing I do know that this dish is so loved in my house, that there are any left-overs for lunch the next day! Creamy, cheesy & delicious, yet not too heavy.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup grated or shredded parmesan
- ¼ cup vegetable or chicken stock
- ¾ cup unsweetened coconut milk (you can substitute low fat milk)
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach, washed
- ¼ fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 lb whole grain spaghetti
- salt and pepper
- Bring water to boil (salted like the ocean) in large pot. Prepare spaghetti to al dente per directions.
- As soon as you drop the spaghetti into the water, heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium low heat. Add garlic.
- Stir regularly- once the garlic becomes aromatic, add stock, coconut milk and then parmesan. Continue to stir regularly to ensure that cheese is well incorporated.
- If sauce thickens too much as cheese melts, you may add small amounts of coconut milk.
- Add herbs, Salt and pepper to taste. Continue to stir,
- Once spaghetti is finished, drain and add directly to sauce, stir to coat.
- Stir in spinach, it will wilt by the time you get your plate to the table.
- Finish with a pinch of salt & enjoy!