Perfect Pie Crust
This is a great, simple pie crust. If you wish to make it in advance and freeze, note you will need to take it out of the freezer and let in soften for 10 -25 minutes prior to rolling out. It is a great idea to par-bake this crust prior to filling on 350 degrees for approximately 25 minutes.
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons salted organic butter, cut into ½ inch pieces and chilled
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- In a small bowl, whisk together water and cornstarch. Microwave until set, approximately 30-40 seconds. Store halfway through.
- Chill in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Combine flour, sugar and salt in a food processor, about 2 pulses.
- Add chilled cornstarch mixture to food processor, mix for about 5 pulses.
- Add butter and sour cream and process just until dough comes together. Do not over process an do not be afraid of some slightly larger chunks of butter.
- Remove from food processor and pull together, turn only twice.
- Pat the dough into a 4-disc, wrap tightly in plastic and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 48 hours.
- When ready to use, roll out on well floured surface, with well floured rolling pin.