Greek Lamb Burgers
Do you need a need a healthier, more exciting option for you meat and burger lovers this Memorial Day weekend. Try this easy. delicious option that your family will love! Careful, dreams of sunsets over the caldera in Santorini may be inspired :) Note this can easily be made into a veggie burger by removing the meat and using the base or our veggie burger recipe!
- 1 ½ pounds fresh ground lamb
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ cups thickly sliced fresh button or cremini mushrooms
- 1 to 2 small red onions, sliced
- 1 red sweet pepper, stemmed, seeded and cut into strips
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half lengthwise
- 4 kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- Arugula or fresh cucumber slices if you choose
- Pre-heat grill to almost medium-high.
- In a large bowl combine lamb, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, half of the oregano and half of the EVOO.
- Gently mix, do not over mix or meat will get tough, and shape into four patties.
- Grill patties for 4 minutes on each side. Only flip them once each!
- In a pan on the stove over medium heat add remaining EVOO, onion, mushrooms and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until beginning to brown.
- Remove from heat, mix in remaining oregano and a pinch of salt.
- Rub toasted rolls with cut side of garlic clove.
- Assemble burgers on buns with veggies and feta on top.