Watermelon, Cucumber and Burrata Salad
This mouthwatering summer dish, is one of my favorite lunch salads inspired by my last trip to Tuscany. Truly, you will never look at watermelon the same way, enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons of good extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced (about ¼ cup)
- 1 small English or hot house cucumber
- 4 cups watermelon cubes (seeds removed as much as possible)
- 6 ounces burrata cheese, torn
- 2 tablespoons slice almonds, toasted
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- Whisk together oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Stir in shallot.
- Slice cucumber diagonally into ½-inch thick slices.
- Arrange cucumber, watermelon, and burrata on a serving platter, top with dressing, sprinkle with almonds and oregano.