This healthy, spicy earthy vinaigrette is a wonderful addition to any fresh salad. And the health benefits of ginger are amazing! The flavors in this simple recipe play especially well with fennel, apple, almonds, cranberries and all flavors of the fall, as well as any Asian inspired salad. Can also be used as a marinade for skirt steak or pork, just be sure to use safflower or avocado oil, which have a high smoke point and hold up well on the grill.
- 1-inch knob fresh ginger, peeled and smashed
- Juice & zest of ½ a lemon
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ cup grapeseed or avocado oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Honey (eliminate for vegan option)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together ginger, lemon, water, vinegar, sugar and mustard.
- While whisking constantly, slowly stream in the oil until the vinaigrette is emulsified.
- Season with salt, pepper & honey to taste