This authentically Mexican side dish adds a delicious richness and subtle earthiness and sweetness to an acidic meal. Cauliflower is both hearty and full of exceptional nutrients. Enjoy!
- 1 medium cauliflower head
- ½ cup whole wheat or garbanzo bean flour
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 tablespoon safflower oil, ghee or melted butter
- ½ cup hot sauce, such as Cholula Hot Sauce
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine flour, water, garlic, chipotle and salt. Whisk together until smooth.
- Toss cauliflower in batter, making sure to coat each piece completely.
- Place cauliflower on lightly greased, nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown, about 15 to 20 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- In the meantime, combine oil and sauce in medium bowl.
- Place baked cauliflower fritters on serving platter and drizzle with sauce. Serve while warm and crispy.