Summer Strawberry Tart
Fresh, juicy, sweet, ripe strawberries that are packed with Vitamin C and nostalgia inducing flavor are simply irresistible. This gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, and mostly guilt-free delicious recipe is not only easy and quick to prepare but will become one of your most requested desserts. This recipe serves 8. Enjoy!
- 2 13.5-ounce cans full-fat organic coconut milk, stored at least overnight in the coldest part of the fridge
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, divided
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted, plus more for greasing the pan
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons almond flour
- ½ teaspoon salt (preferably Himalayan pink salt)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 4 cups strawberries, sliced
- mint leaves for garnish
- Open cold cans of coconut milk (without shaking!); the solid cream will have risen to the top.
- Spoon out cream into a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat on high until it thickens and peaks form.
- Slowly fold in 2 tablespoons maple syrup and 1 tablespoon vanilla extract.
- Transfer to a metal or glass bowl, cover, and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Generously grease a 9-inch tart pan with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour and salt until combined.
- Add the melted coconut oil, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and egg and stir until the mixture forms a ball.
- Lightly press the dough in to the tart pan and bake fore 10-12 minutes, until the crust is light golden brown.
- Remove the pan from the oven, and allow to cool completely.
- Fill the crust with coconut whipped cream and top with strawberries and mint.
- Slice and serve.