Korean Steak, Kimchi & Cauliflower Rice Bowls
Jammy eggs, sweet and spicy gochujang, zippy kimchi- quintessential Korean cooking. Full of flavor and soul. This healthy spin on a classic dish is as nutritionally rich as it is satisfying. Serves 4. Enjoy!
2 large eggs
4 tablespoons toasted sesame oil, divided
6 cups riced cauliflower
2 scallions, sliced
1 tablespoon minced ginger
¼ teaspoon salt
1 pound sirloin steak, sliced thinly
¼ cup gochujang
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
1 cup shredded carrots
¼ cup kimchi
Sliced radishes for garnish
Bring a medium sauce pan of water to a boil over high heat. Set a bowl of ice water near the stove.
2. Using a spoon, gently lower eggs into the boiling water. Reduce heat to maintain a rapid simmer. Cook for 7 minutes.
3. Transfer eggs to the ice bath and let cool for 5 minutes. Peel eggs and slice in half.
4. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
5. Add cauliflower, scallion whites, ginger and salt. Cook stirring frequently until the cauliflower is softened, about 5 minutes.
6. Transfer to a bowl and cover to keep warm. Wipe down pan.
7. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
8. Add steak and cook, stirring often until no longer pink, about 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in gochujang and sesame seeds.
9. To assemble, divide cauliflower among 4 bowls. Top with steak, carrots, kimchi, half an egg, scallion greens and radishes.