White Bean Dip
This white bean dip is a great appetizer or protein rich after school snack. Make ahead and store in the fridge for unto 5 days. Serve with multi-grain pita chips or with veggies, much like you would hummus. Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- 2 pounds cannellini, great northern or white navy beans. If using 2 15-ounce cans, then rinse and drain. If using dried beans, then quick soak (1 hour) and cook (1 hour).
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- Heat oil a heavy, large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add carrot, onion, and garlic; saute until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add prepared beans, thyme, and stock ; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cook until almost all of the liquid is absorbed, stirring often- about 20 minutes.
- Puree mixture in blender until smooth, slowly adding stock if necessary.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.