This is a delicious summer side or salad that is great warm or cold (on a picnic or at the beach)!
YIELD: Makes 8 servings
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (from about 3 ears); sweet corn works best
- 2 medium-size zucchini, trimmed, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 medium-size yellow squash, trimmed, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 cups fresh beans such as lima or fava, shelled; fresh organic edamame works too
- 1 cup fresh cherry or grape tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh marjoram or tarragon
- Grill corn and cut from cob.
- Melt butter with oil in heavy large deep skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, both bell peppers, and garlic; sauté until peppers are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini, yellow squash, and beans; sauté until vegetables are just tender, about 7 minutes longer. Toss in tomatoes during final minute to just blister, but not cook.
- Stir in corn and 3 tablespoons parsley and marjoram or tarragon. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer succotash to bowl. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon parsley and serve.