Frankincense Anti-Wrinkle Skin Smoothing Cream
This fresh, toxin-free, luxurious moisturizer helps smooth skin, reduce blemishes and minimize wrinkles- all properties of frankincense. Unlike most of the anti-aging creams on the market, this one does not contain petrochemical-based products or chemical preservatives, make it a real treat for your skin. And your wallet, since all of the ingredients are very accessible! Keep in mind though, that since it doesn't contain chemical preservatives, it won't last as long- so, you will want to use it within 3 months or keep it up to six months in the refrigerator. I suggest using an old blender, as beeswax can leave a film that is difficult to remove.
- ¾ cup pure oil, such as organic sweet almond oil or fractionated coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons shaved organic beeswax (sustainably farmed!)
- 30 drops organic frankincense essential oil
- 1 cup filtered water
- One 16-ounce are or two 8-ounce jars for storing lotion
- Pour oil and beeswax into a small saucepan and heat over low to medium heat until beeswax dissolves. Remove from heat immediately.
- Allow to cool for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add frankincense essential oil.
- Pour water into blender and begin blending on high speed with the lid on (with a hole in lid left open to pour beeswax-oil mixture).
- Slowly pour oil-beeswax mixture into water. It will begin to emulsify as you continue to pour in oil.
- Once completely blended, pour lotion into glass jars.
- Lotion will last for about 6 months and is best kept at cool temperatures to prolong shelf life.