Naturally Nourishing Lemon Lotion
On of the best ways to appreciate the invigorating scent of lemon scent and reap the mood boosting benefits, is to incorporate it into your body lotion. Follow this recipe to make your own lemon lotion. Make sure you use bees wax as other waxes are frequently made with petroleum products. Also, please make sure always to buy bee-friendly products! Makes about 2 cups.
- ¾ cup pure oil, such as organic sweet almond oil
- 2 tablespoons shaved organic beeswax (sustainably farmed!)
- 30 drops organic lemon essential oil
- 1 cup filtered water
- One 16-ounce are or two 8-ounce jars for storing lotion
- Pour oil and beeswax into a small saucepan and het over low to medium heat until beeswax dissolves. Remove from heat immediately.
- Allow to cool for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add lemon essential oil.
- Pour water into blender and begin blending on high speed with the lid on (with a hole in lid left open to pour beeswax-oil mixture.)
- Slowly pour oil-beeswax mixture into water. It will begin to emulsify as you continue to pour in oil.
- Pour lotion into glass jars.
- Lotion will last for about 6 months and is best kept at cool temperatures to prolong shelf life.