Beautiful, delicious, nutrient rich asparagus served a new way that the entire family will love. Makes 2 small pizzas. Serves 4-8. Enjoy!
- 1 (22-ounce package whole wheat pizza dough, split in two
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups grated mozzerella
- 1 bunch asparagus (20-40 stalks)
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan, preferably Parmigiano Reggiano
- ¼ cup chopped pistachio nuts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Roll out or stretch each piece of dough to about 12-inch round and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Spread 1 tablespoon EVOO on each pizza, then sprinkle with salt, garlic and mozzarella.
- Trim asparagus to about 6-inches long, slicing any thick stalks in half lengthwise.
- Lay asparagus out in radiating pattern over cheese.
- Sprinkle Parmesan and pistachios over the asparagus.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until cheese is golden brown.
- Serve warm.