This bright easy, seasonal appetizer is great for cocktail parties or a perfect match of Italian white wine tastings. Serves 8. Enjoy!
- 1 16-ounce package whole wheat pizza dough
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 zucchinis
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup grated Parmesan, preferably Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts (pignoli)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Roll out or stretch dough into a large thin rectangular or oval shape place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Brush with EVOO, then sprinkle with salt and garlic.
- Using a veggie peeler, make ribbons from the zucchini, and lay them on the prepared dough, overlapping a bit.
- Sprinkle Parmesan over zucchini.
- Sprinkle the pine nuts and ¾ of the scallions on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Sprinkle remaining scallions, cut into small strips.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.