Artichoke & Kale Dip
Hot artichoke dip is always a big hit with party guests. This recipe is modernized and made a little more guilt-free by adding seasonal veggies and making simple substitutes for better ingredients. Dip can be prepared 1 day in advance, simple bake before serving. Serves 8. Enjoy!
- 2 14-ounce cans of artichoke hearts in water, rinsed, drained & coarsely chopped
- 1 ½ cup fresh kale (substitute fresh spinach if desired)
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup avocado mayonnaise
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan, preferably Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 scallion, minced, plus more for garnish
- pinch of salt
- Fresh cut veggies or whole-wheat pita chips for serving
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a food processor, place half the artichokes, kale, garlic, mayonnaise, ¼ cup Parmesan, lemon juice and salt.
- Process until smooth.
- Add scallion and remaining artichokes; pulse to combine
- Transfer mixture to a 1-quart baking dish.
- Top with remaining tablespoon Parmesan.
- Bake until golden and bubbling, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Garnish with scallion; serve hot with veggies and/or pita chips.