Carrot Top Pesto
This is a super way to reduce waste and make an amazingly flavorful pesto that can be used in many different ways. If you don't have carrot tops, substitute with beet tops. Store in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- 2 cups carrot tops, well washed
- 3 tablespoons walnuts, pistachios or pecans
- ½ cup fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- ¼ cup Parmesan
- Blend ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Add more oil or salt as needed.
- Serve over roasted vegetables, pasta, boiled potatoes, or on a sandwich.