Seriously delicious with authentic Mexican fare or simply served with tortilla chips. Creamy, tart and a crowd pleaser every time. Crema may oxidize and brown, even if stored in an airtight container, within about 4 hours. This will not affect the flavor, but it will drastically affect the appearance, so add generously to each dish! Enjoy!
- 1 large ripe avocado
- ¼ cup sour cream or crème fraiche
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh lime juice
- kosher salt
- Carefully cut and pit avocado.
- Scoop avocado flesh into blender or food processor and add sour cream and lime juice.
- Blend until smooth. Consistency should be mousse-like. Add tablespoon of water if necessary.
- Add salt to taste and serve immediately.