Sesame Farro Salad
This nutrient rich, delicious and versatile salad can be made with any seasonal vegetables and greens. Top with sliced flank steak, roasted salmon, grilled shrimp or serve on its own. Prepare the dressing ahead of time is desired, but top just before serving. Serves 4-8. Enjoy!
- 2 cups dry farro
- 5 scallions, chopped
- 2 cups arugula or other seasonal green
- 2 golden beets or other seasonal root vegetable, cubed
- 1 avocado
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided
- 1 tablespoon organic tamari or soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- On a baking sheet, toss beets with 1 tablespoon EVOO and sprinkle with pinch of salt.
- Bake in oven for about 20 minutes or until just browning.
- Remove to coll.
- Cook farro according to package instructions, then drain and rinse under cool water. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, whisk 3 tablespoons EVOO, tamari, rice vinegar and sesame oil. Set aside.
- Toss cooled farro with cooled beets, arugula and scallions and dressing.
- Top with cubed avocado.
- Serve immediately.